Digestion plays an important role in staying healthy and fresh. The digestive system breaks nutrients into diminutive components, enough for our body to absorb and utilize the energy for magnification and cell rebuilding. The healthy digestive system is very important as the body stands strong with the nutrition that it gets from the food and drinks that are consumed. Clinical Gastroenterology is basically a dedicated study of the disorders of the entire digestive system. It is also called as Medical Gastroenterology (MGE). It covers the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of every type of digestive disorders.
We at Bhatwal Surgical and Maternity Hospital provide comprehensive care for the patients. We ensure solving all the problems related to the digestive tract. It includes diseases like diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion or rectal bleeding. Our experts diagnose and give optimal treatment to the patients depending on the conditions. We are also well- experienced in dealing with problems like ulcers, piles and even cancer tissues of the GI tract.
Gastroenterology procedures include a range of procedures specific to various ailments. Some of the non-surgical procedures are as follows:
- Ultrasound examinations for the analysis of the internal organs especially of those belonging to the GI tract.
- Liver biopsies for assessing any inflammation or the presence of fibroids.
- Colonoscopies for examining colon cancer or other colon issues.
- Small intestine analysis and Bowel examination for detection of anomalies.
After the initial diagnosis through these non-surgical examinations, the core issue is identified. After this, laparoscopic procedures are carried out for further gastro treatment purposes. Laparoscopic gastro methods at Bhatwal Surgical and Maternity Hospital are carried out with impeccable precision and care.
The modern facilities for the treatment of GI diseases include:
- Dedicated Endoscopy Suites to Perform Various Diagnostic Tests and Treatments
- Diagnostics and Therapeutic Treatment of GI Diseases
- Dedicated C-ARM
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Biopsy of upper GI Ttract Lesions
- Sclerotherapy for Oesophageal Varices (EST)
- Variceal Ligation for Oesophageal Varices (EVL)
- Glue Injection for Gastric Varices
- Oesophageal, Antro-Pyloric and Duodenal Stricture Dilatation
- Oesophageal, Antro-Pyloric and Duodenal Stenting for Benign and Malignant Strictures
- Foreign Body removed from Upper GI Tract
- Haemoclipping, Injection Tamponade for Bleeding Gastric and Duodenal Ulcer
- Naso-Jejunal Tube Placement
- Short Colonoscopy
- Full Colonoscopy and Ileo-Scopy
- Biopsy of Lower GI Tract Lesion
- Colonic Stricture Dilatation
- Colonic Stenting for Decompression in Cases of Colonic Obstruction
- Colonic Decompression for Volvulus
- Injection Tamponade for Bleeding Lesions
- Enteral SEMS Placement
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- Narrow Band Imaging for GI Cancers
- GI Motility Studies